Friday, October 31, 2014

Monday, October 20, 2014

Annoyed at people being around me when I'm naked. I was laying on my bed and turned towards a guy and he was visibly uncomfortable and I said "Well, you are in my room." A woman behind me then said "Well close your windows then, nobody wants to see that."

INSIGHT - I often dream about being naked in public. This is a common theme in dreams, often resulting from feeling ill-prepared or something similar. Prior to this dream no one had remarked directly on my nakedness, and I used to hope no one was noticing but lately I've come to believe they're all just being polite. I think all these dreams represent a feeling of unworthiness, that friends talk about me to their wives and want to try to help me, which is humiliating and unnecessary. My only defense is to pretend everything's fine (that I do have clothes on) and I don't need help. As Bret Easton Ellis would say, I've got to appear normal. Possible trigger - last night my buddy Spooner tried to pick up the whole bar tab and apologized for us not hanging out more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment